The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Crazy Boredom?

Not yet. I thought for sure once school was out I would go insane with boredom and get really depressed. It hasn't happened yet, but it HAS been less than a month. To tell you the truth I am in the process of trying my hand at a feature length screenplay. To that end, I am trying to accomplish some research that will include a trip to Louisville, KY in the near future. I am also planning a trip to NYC with my friend Mack in the fall to see "Wicked". So maybe the key to avoiding crazy boredom is making plans.

I also got dragged into some stupid drama yesterday. One of my friends, Scorpio, sent me a terse email accusing me of not letting her know that her ex-boyfriend was back in town and doing very well for himself. This was confided in a mutual friend who totally busted me out. I sent a reply, but didn't take her bait. She is with a new guy and has his child but has always been obsessed with her ex. I refused to fuel her obsession because I am not that person anymore. I am happy with the maturity that most of my friends exhibit and none of it involves needless drama. In fact, I can say that my life has been refreshingly devoid of interpersonal drama for the past year or more. One of the main reasons Scorpio and I haven't been getting along or speaking lately is because she hasn't changed. She's still mired in that drug and alcohol-fueled drama that marked the majority of my twenties and made them the waste of time they were. Is this one of the hallmarks of adulthood, being over drama and just rolling your eyes at it? Accroding to Carrie Bradshaw another one is delayed gratification, which I am still working on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg you updated...WE BOTH UPDATED. I feel weird about myself and stuff

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home