The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Long Island Ramblings

[So, yesterday was another stressful day at The Bank. My good friend The Anomaly suggested that we go get a drink on our break. When I explained I was broke she agreed to pay. I had 2 Long Islands and came back to work feeling charming and intelligent. It seemed that I was seeing my job and everything involved in it in a completely different light. I wrote the below blog entry on some scraps of paper while I was in this state.]
So, I'm here @ work, more than a bit tipsy, and Sarabellem has suggested that I write this now (on paper, transcribed later) before I lose it. She's absolutely right. If I could maintain this particular level of self-confidence my life would be so much easier. Fuck dieting, fuck exercise I am fine and beautiful exactly the way I am and nothing can change that. The job thing? Dude! Chill! It's just money. The place is reaching a point of ebb after all that flow. And as for your investigative endeavors as of late, with every layer of onion that you peel back, you shouldn't be surprised when it still stinks. It's not going to smell any sweeter. Pretty soon you will just run out. It's Corporate America!! Don't be surprised when it's dirty and heartless and cruel and unfair. You know all of that already through hard-won knowledge and experience. Quit acting like it's a big fucking shock! The plain fact of the matter is, there is a beautiful view from the 24th floor. ANd guess what? Things are not going to look any more beautiful from a different 24th floor, it will just be a different vantage point. So, chill, relax and all of that Zen mumbo-jumbo. Everything will be fine in the end. It's just money, after all.
P.S. There's no prairie-dogging when the walls are as short as ours. Getting a bunch of people to the window accomplishes the same thing.
P.P.S. I'm looking at supervisors/managers as PEOPLE and not as PEOPLE WHO CAN FIRE ME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home