The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thankful

I'm thankful for clean drinking water, and purring cats; nature documentaries and a good scary movie.  I'm thankful for the basic goodness in all people and the badness that is on display for my entertainment in the media.  I'm thankful for family and friends and good food; mass transit and park & rides.  I'm thankful for the clarity a cup of strong coffee or a few mixed drinks at the 90s seems to provide me.  I'm thankful for a soft warm bed on a cold winter night.  I'm thankful for the first delicate snowfall and the "Six Feet Under" box set.  I'm thankful for walking into Target on Black Friday, avoiding the frenzy and walking out empty-handed.  I'm thankful for the laughs and smiles of my niece and nephew; their pure innocence and their eyes filled with wonder at every new discovery that I take for granted.  I'm thankful for no cable and DVR and the writing that pours forth from me when I'm away from TV.  I'm thankful for writer's strikes and Netflix; my sister's free-range organic turkey and my boyfriend's burnt green bean casserole.  I'm thankful for Weight Watchers and gainful employment, road trips and hotel rooms; far-flung new relatives and acquaintances in tiny Wisconsin small towns.  I'm thankful for inspiration and creativity, writer's block and espresso.  And pie.  French Silk Pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home