The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Friday, January 27, 2006

The Top REVISED

Weak!! I knew this might happen. To be fair, I just saw two incredible 2005 movies and I have to amend my list to reflect them.


TOP 5 OF 2005


1. Brokeback Mountain Technically, they are gay ranch hands, people. Get it right!

2. Crash Again, just fucking see it. You know who you are.

3.Mysterious Skin Such a disturbing movie that I can't, in good conscience, recommend it to anyone. The acting, especially by the two leads (who knew Joseph Gordon-Levitt could ACT?!!) is superb, the direction flawless, the script (from Scott Heim's novel) is on-point. This is also Gregg Araki's best film by far. The film is about the damage that sexual abuse can do and how it manifests itself completely differently in two young men. One can't remember, the other can't forget. It is powerful and haunting, but also very graphic and disturbing. I was speechless by the end.

4. Capote

5. Murderball This film about rough and tumble Parapalegic Rugby Players is eye-opening and very moving. It's about people who wouldn't let their disability get in the way of their lives. You've never seen handicapped people like this. My favorite quote was: "I go up to people and start talkin shit and say 'What? You're not gonna hit a kid in a chair? I'll fuckin hit ya back...'"

* Sin City and Batman Begins are now Honorable Mention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home