The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Business Casual: The Insidious Plot

I think I've finally figured out exactly what it is that is so insidious and evil about Business Casual dress codes. Business Casual clothes allow you to display NOTHING of your personality and individuality. They are drab, boring and most of the time, shapeless. Here at The Bank, we can't even wear any kind of logo on Fridays (except, apparently, FOOTBALL STUFF which also makes me wonder if The Bank is being paid off by the NFL to promote their product and only their product.). Now I'm not about running around advertising for everything, but at least you can display something of your personality and interests and commonality. Being forced into Business Casual forces us to conform to a certain standard and makes us all afraid of each other's individuality. I have found, however, that if I am allowed to dress like a slob at work, I tend to dress like a slob everywhere. My problem is, in ANY Dress Code, the list of options of acceptable wear for females is roughly twice the length that it is for males. And polo shirts and khakis suck!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word! Now, i may work in HELL.. but at least hell has no dress code!!

Also... i noticed your comment in me' blog... not sure why they dont all work for you.. i checked all the links and got right in.. Huh!

Hope your polo shirt turns tie-dyed! That'll show em'!!!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home