The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

8000 BTUs of chilly goodness

On Monday my mother and stepfather showed up with an air conditioner for me, an early thirtieth birthday surprise. My mm gave me a birthday card that said: "Stay cool" in it. Being on the 3rd floor of an old brownstone I think they may have saved my life. The temperatures are in the 90s and very humid right now. Yesterday it was so hot in the part of my apartment that isn't my bedroom it literally felt like I had the clanking old furnaces on full blast and the oven on broil with the door open. I've found that I sleep better with the a/c on because the noise drowns out all the street noises. I must be sleeping seeper than usual because I keep having fucked up dreams. Last night I had a really fucked up lucid dream about "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". It's supposed to be even worse today, temperature-wise. I have the timer set on my a/c and I'm gonna see if I can ge the thing to cool the entire apartment. Here's hoping. I don't do well in heat.
P.S. Less than a week before I'm in NYC. My twenties (aka Ten-Year-Vivisection) will be over in exactly one week. Hallelujah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home