The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Talent?, The Questions and Colin Farrell's Butt

For the past week or so, I have been having a truly horrifying thought: I may actually be good at screenwriting and I may actually be able to do this for a living. I have a very critical teacher who praised my work very highly and told me it was the best in the class. He said I really have "it". He also read one of my assignments in front of the class the other night. Afterwards, during our break, a girl whose writing I respect very highly congratulated me and said she loved it. The part that I am not telling any of them is how naturally it comes to me. I get an idea, write a brief outline, sit down at the computer and let the characters do the rest of the work. Quite a few times, I have been writing some lines of dialogue that I wasn't even aware I was going to write. 2 of my assignments have taken really unexpected twists that I LITERALLY didn't know were coming until they were on the page. It's weird, thrilling and kinda eerie. Like these characters are communicating THROUGH me.
Another perk of being a Screenwriting Student, I have found out, is getting invited to special screenings. Last night, my friend Momo and I went to an advance screening of Robert Towne's "Ask the Dust" at the Walker Art Center. It was an okay film with interesting characters but a heavy-handed ending. Fans of Colin Farrell's butt (myself included) will be very happy with this film. Afterwards, the Writer/Director answered a lot of really stupid/or pretentious questions from some MCAD students. Momo and I left early because we were both bored to tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home