The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

I decided it would be a good idea to go to the Gay Pride Festival at Loring Park, so The Nurse and I went. It was interesting and an eye-opening experience. I hadn't been to a Pride event in a long time. Frankly, I think having the courage to come out and gain acceptance is something to feel proud of but not just the fact that I am attracted to the same sex. And I find it hard to believe that just because me and a bunch of other guys are all attracted to guys makes us a community. I've stayed away for a few years. I was actually glad I went, though. I had forgotten how many unattractive gay men there were. Before you write off what I just wrote as the height of snipey bitchiness, realize that I have been living under the delusion that every gay man out there is an Abercrombie & Fitch model. Certainly, most of the noticeable ones are. Then there's the standard stereotype, all the hottest guys are gay, blah blah blah. I had forgotten. It was a very positive experience. I also got a free HIV and Syphlis test. I'm HIV negative (did you know you can get the results in 20 mins these days?!). Syphlis I find out about on my birthday (June 30th). "Happy Birthday, you have Syphlis." After getting my STD tests, I drove in the pouring rain and got lost on the way to my new niece and nephew's baptism. I was 15 minutes late, got baptised myself by the rain running into the church, then sniggered at the dramatic roll of thunder that boomed as I openend the door to the church. "They KNOW!" I giggled through some of the cermeony, then checked out hot guys kneeling at the altar to receive communion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home