The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Home Tour 2: Goodbye Upper Middle Class

The second place I lived in Maple Grove. I lived here from October of 78 until February of 85.

This house I remember very fondly, even though it's where the eventual divorce took place. The place was a vacant lot when my dad purchased it and he had this house built. The driveway isn't as steep and the bushes on either side of the house were a little taller than my 10 year old frame. The window on the right is the kitchen. My bedroom faced the back of the house where there is a large yard.

Next door, a house was built. They dug the foundation, and then winter hit. So, essentially there was nothing but a hole filled with water that iced over in the winter. My friends and I decided it would be a good idea to walk on the thin ice. My friend Brenda jumped on it, and it broke. They got off, I didn't. I fell through. There's a tremendous suction when ice breaks, and it almost pulled me down. My friends Brenda and Brandon grabbed my hands and pulled me out.

We lived here until I was 9 years old, in 4th grade. My dad won the house in the divorce and forced my mother, my sister Kelly and I out. My mother had a month to find a job and a place for us to live. My sister Tammy moved out a year earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home