The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Home Tour 4: In The Ghetto

Here is where my broke-ass, post-divorce mom moved us next. Brooklyn Park. We lived here from September 1 of 1985 until March of 1987.


The place was a dump. It had bugs, no air conditioning, stinky matted carpeting, an unfinished, horrifying basement, and it was, essentially, in "the hood". In my mind anyway. Remember, I was sheltered and had some pretty racist ignorant family members feeding me BS. Yes, it was technically low-income, but there was never any violence here or screaming sirens 24/7 or gunshots. Geez. I didn't know anything about bad neighboroods then.

I also had some of the best friendships when I lived here. My best friend moved in next door. His name was Matt, he had a younger brother Dillon. He was one grade higher than me in school. God, I wonder what happened to him. He and I just drifted apart after I graduated. It happens sometimes.

We lived here from 5th grade until I was almost done with 6th grade. My sister drove me back and forth from the new place to my last few months of 6th grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home