The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

At Summer's End

I have been practically WILLING Summer to end. I watched "Halloween" and every other fall-related movie I own. I have been shaking my fist at the TV whenever I see an extended forecast with 80s in it. I have practically gone out spray-painting the leaves to get them to change. I start school on Monday. I have two classes back-to-back on Mondays only which has totally wreaked havoc with my work schedule and chances of changing jobs. To make matters worse, the last 2 stupid electives I have to take are ONLY offered on Monday nights, which means I may be stuck there for another full year to finish my degree!! I know that I am going to take some classes over the summer to stave off the raging depression that hits me annually in the summer.

Summer in review: I have been broke the whole time because of bullshit going on at work, seen a bunch of bad movies and very few good ones, went on a great vacation to San Fran and didn't do much else but watch a bunch of TV and moan about not having a life. I got a car that I can barely afford to keep gas in and watched in horror as my way-too-high insurance payments started coming out. I also nearly died spending summer number two in the hottest apartment I have ever lived in. I interviewed for a position I really wanted, was promised a call back and was unceremoniously sent a form letter saying thanks-but-no-thanks.

Overall, this summer has really fucking sucked. Bring on Autumn, baby!!

As to the brokeness, I have been forced to scale back my lifestyle. I am still in the process of doing so, cutting corners wherever I can. It's not an easy thing to do and usually involves over-eating and raging depression. Oh, and mental breakdowns where I assume my closest friends are conspiring against me. Once January hits and I have better insurance I fully intend to take a fistful of anti-depressants and go to regular therapy sessions so I can finally figure out what the fuck is wrong with me, or at least talk about it with a stranger who is paid to listen without obvious judgment once a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home