The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cable and Heat

It took me awhile, but I finally got up the nerve to shut my cable off today. Actually, I severely downgraded it. I now have $12/month basic cable which is just good reception on the regular channels. I couldn't justify being without even the news in case of an emergency. The woman at Time Warner Cable was very nice and tried every which way she could to change my mind, but I wouldn't relent. I finally had to tell her the truth, which is that it is better for my mental health to be without cable.


On another note, it is so blisteringly hot out today I fully plan on not even leaving my apartment. I celebrated the horrid weather by taking my friend Danni to see "An Inconvenient Truth" which is a fascinating documentary about global warming. I hope to GOD they are showing this in High Schools around the country. It's horrifying and sickening to realize what we have done to this planet, and it's even more horrifying to realize how crucial it is that we change what we are doing RIGHT NOW!! The oil barons have such a stranglehold on our global policy it makes me want to puke. Greenland is in the midst of melting!! If it continues melting it will raise our sea level by 20 feet! MAPS will have to be redrawn and there will be approximately 140 Million refugees, worldwide. Check out this website to learn more: www.climatecrisis.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home