The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home Tour 12: The House

In June of 2000 I moved here. I lived here until mid-December, 2001.

This house is in infamous North Minneapolis, where I never felt unsafe. The gunshots were always a few blocks away, and I minded my business. I hit rock bottom while living here. I lost my job at AT&T in August of 2000 and it took me until November to get another one. To make matters worse I was living with my friend Sexy. If you've been paying attention, YES he is the straight guy that I was obsessed with for several years. Turns out, we didn't really get along as roommates and by the time I moved out, I was over him and over our friendship. He did a bunch of really shitty things to me while I lived here, and I did them right back. It's painful knocking someone off their pedastal, especially if the pedastal is the one you have placed them on in your mind. We are on speaking terms these days, but barely. Of special note is this is the first HOUSE I lived in since I was 9 years old. It had a dishwasher and central air which seemed like incredible luxuries to me. The place was also haunted as hell and I could always feel someone watching me. It was tough moving out as suddenly as I did, but it was like a huge weight was lifted in a million ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home