The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home Tour 9: The Real Ghetto

I moved here in August of 1997 and moved out in late December. This was the first time I officially lived in Murderapolis and it was a trial by fire.

I moved in with my friend Red and her boyfriend. There are four apartments, one on each corner. We lived in the lower right apartment. The place was a total dump. It had hardwood floors, no air conditioning and it always seemed to be messy. I also regularly heard gunshots and since it is right near HCMC there were ambulances roaring past at all hours. We often sat on the upstairs patio drunk and/or high. Red's boyfriend was one of the biggest potheads I have ever seen, so there was copious amounts of weed being smoked and much junk food was consumed.


I started out working at a horrible job at Sam Goody in the City Center where they scheduled me 39 hours per week so they wouldn't have to offer me benefits. I eventually (through a series of bizarre coincidences) applied for a job at AT&T and much to my surprise got it. It was the end of crappy retail jobs and the beginning of being able to afford my own apartment. In January of 1998, I triumphantly moved into my own apartment for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home