The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home Tour 8: The Dead Campus

In mid-June I moved into a one bedroom apartment with my friend Ryan and his nerdy, Metallica-obsessed roommate at the U of M.

It really sucked. I crashed on the hide-a-bed and had absolutely no job the entire time I lived here. I tried to get one, but the campus is dead during the summer and everywhere I applied they asked if I was a student. It became clear that they only want to hire students everywhere. It was also very hard to go job-hunting because Ryan wouldn't give me a key and if I left for the day I would be locked out until he got home from work. I also remember drinking copious amounts of alcohol while I lived here and barfing in front of the building one steamy night.

Ity is of special note that while I lived here I went to visit a friend who lived in the dorms at the U of M. I didn't realize, but she actually invited me over as a joke (she was a total bitch and a pathological liar, as it turns out). When I showed up I met her friends Tom (one of the worst flaming queens I have ever met) and The Nurse who eventually became one of my closest friends. In a bizarre, mind-boggling six degrees of separation kind of way she is what led me to getting the hell out of the suburbs once and for all. Ours is the friendship that almost wasn't more than once.
Ryan and I don't talk anymore. I haven't spoken to him since 2001. We just drifted apart.
I lived here until he made me leave, and after a brief stint house-sitting for a friend it was either the homeless shelter or back home at mom's. SHe relented and I moved back home at the end of August, 1996. I lived there for another year, then moved out of Maple Grove for GOOD in August of 1998.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home