The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home Tour 14: Duplex Complex

I lived here from February of 2001 until February of 2002. Somehow, it seemed longer.

It's a Duplex. We had the bottom half and the lead-footed owner with 2 kids and a billion centipede-attracting rose bushes lived upstairs. I lived with 2 different roommates here. The first was a co-worker named Anne and then The Nurse. This is NE Minneapolis which I now consider the armpit of Minneapolis. Everything seemed junky and trashy here. The place had one rickety window air conditioner that you can see in the picture, but it never reached my bedroom in the back. It had absolutely no insulation so we froze in the winter and burned up in the summer. This place was also haunted as hell and the owners admitted to me AFTER we moved in that the place had been EXORCISED more than once. I lived here during September 11th and sat near that big wondow in front waiting for the sky to fall. They had hissy fits when they found out my roommate and I smoked so we decided to get hypnotized to quit. I quit and never looked back. She started up a few weeks later. There was also a lightning strike that happened right in front of the building which sent a gigantic log through the back window of the owner's car. A few months later, the same car was stolen which they replaced with a truck. The car was found about a week later 2 blocks away with nothing wrong--except the back window was broken. Shortly before we moved out I blearily looked out the front window and was shocked to see an auto glass place replacing the back window of the same car. Someone had randomly thrown a brick through it. The Nurse and I were often late with rent causing us to "hide" from the owner, ate too much fast food and were general layabouts committing the sin of sloth every chance we got. We moved out at the end of February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home