The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Three Weekend Paycheck or Financial Vivisection

For those of you out there that get paid bi-monthly (15th and last day of the month or some other vartiation) you know that there is nothing worse than a month with a 31st. Two of them happen to fall in a row during the summer. Sometimes you luck out and the weekends kick you a break. Not so with the month of August this year. Ya see, the last paycheck I got was on July 29th. My next paycheck is on the 15th, which happens to be a Tuesday. If you have a calendar handy, count the weekends. That's right, THREE weekends with one paycheck. There is absolutely nothing worse, especially if you are getting a pittance per hour like me and have rent of $650 per month. On the plus side my lack of an incentive at work lately has caused me to trim some of the fat from my life, spending-wise (Cable, gone) on the negative side I have an empty tank, no money to do anything and a full weekend yawning before me. The third broke weekend in a row. If I were the type of person that could learn to budget my money, I think I would have done so by 31. And it doesn't seem to happen no matter how much I am making. The brokeness is an equal opportunity aggressor, if you know what I'm saying. I honestly don't think anything would be different if I made Enough. Enough for me is somewhere around $2500-$3000 per month after taxes. For that I would need to be making about $25 per hour. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Do people MAKE $25/hour? Does ANYONE make $25/hour? I mean, besides CEOs. That's more than twice what I make right now. I suppose a job like that means COLLEGE and SPECIAL SKILLS. Sheesh... I hate being broke, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home