The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Endings and Beginnings

I have been more than miserable with my job at Da Bank for the past 3 years but never for such a sustained amount of time as I have been these past 5 months. There have been fleeting moments of happiness, but overall I have been whining and complaining and unhappy and more than anything, completely broke. I have to say I have never worked at a place where I have felt more like a number than where I currently work. I feel like I have no voice at all, like I am standing on a table screaming and no one is even paying attention. Did I mention this is also the smallest call center I have ever worked for?

Yesterday, I interviewed for a similar position somewhere else. I got caught in traffic, got lost and went to the wrong building on the way to the interview. This made me a half hour late. I also didn't go out of my way to dress well. I walked in not wanting the job, or not really caring, anyway. I was kinda cocky in the interview. Further, I cut the interview a little short MYSELF so I could get to work on time.

They begged me to take the position. They offered me the job on the way out the door and offered me more money than they normally offer people. This job is also insanely flexible which is absolutely necessary with the high maintenance degree I am seeking and my impending internship, a good friend of mine works there who claims he knows that I can hack it and make decent money, and further claims there is literally NO corporate BS there.

See below.


Shakycam
Da Bank
Murderapolis, MN 55403

September 22, 2006


Supervisor
Da Bank
Murderapolis, MN
Re: Resignation of Employment



Dear Supervisor:

Please accept this letter as my formal two week notice of resignation, effective October 6, 2006.
I have appreciated my years with the company. Thank you for the opportunities you have presented.


Sincere thanks and best wishes for the future,


Shakycam

CC: Bosses' Boss, Bosses' Bosses' Boss

1 Comments:

Blogger awwhelldah said...

Congratulations baby! Chicken noodle soup is never out of your grasp!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home