The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Thanks, Choirgirl

I just got off the phone with my good friend Choirgirl. We discussed my current situation and I gotta say her words cut right through to the core of everything I am experiencing right now. These aren't original words, but I had never heard them before. I wasted so much time not knowing this.

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Those that come in for a reason, lead you somewhere you need to go and leave after they have done that. Those that are there for a season have a longer lesson to teach you but then their time ends, as all seasons end, when it is natural for them to do so. And those that are there for a lifetime... well. They are there to teach you something that may take your entire life. The pain and the heartache come in when you try to change people and force their reason or season into something more, something longer-lasting. You have to accept people for which one of these roles they fill, which one of these roles they are MEANT to fill, and move on.

She also said that she wants me to have something meaningful. She wants me to have arguments with someone about where to put the toaster. She wants me to experience all of the joy and the heartache that goes along with taking a chance and living and being a human being who takes chances and has dreams and goals and is not satisfied with what he sees around him every day. This is a woman in the midst of her own financial and personal crisis who took the time to look outside of herself and her own situation and looked deeply into me as a person to give me some beautifully encouraging, wonderful words. I gotta say, I love her for that.

And I gotta say I feel like I am waking up for the first time in many years in so many ways. And it feels incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home