The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

180

This is actually a sequel to the post below. Make sure you read that first.

I went into work, handed my supervisor my resignation, said it was nothing personal, that I enjoyed my time there and would look back on it fondly. I wanted to go out with my head held high and start somewhere fresh but not have to drive past the place knowing I pulled some immature "Fuck YOU, bitches!!!" shit. I even hugged my supervisor and told her that I like her as a person, just not as a supervisor.

About half an hour later, my bosses boss dragged me over to her desk and asked me what it would take to make me stay. I told her that I would need to be put in my old position with the other supervisor that I like where I can make huge bonuses again. She told me she would see what she could do, sent me away, and chaos erupted. There was a revolving door at her desk of supervisors and co-workers. After lunch I came back and she said she would be moving me to where I asked. She even asked me about recommendations for my replacement and we had a long talk about the department in general.

In the process of this day I found out that I am valued at my job, that they do not want to lose me, that I will be back to making what I did, and that I wield far more power there than I thought I had. She told me to my face that they wold not do this for everyone, that it is in the best interest of the company to keep me.

I won't get into the boring specifics, but I helped out several friends, too. I made sure the replacement that gets my old, worthless position was not two of my friends, I got a horrid person taken off of my favorite supervisor's team so he doesn't need to deal with her anymore, I made sure they honored a promise they made to another friend and moved her to the position she has wanted for a long time, let them know that another valued employee is looking for a position within the bank and that he will need help with that and I practically ensured the failure of the supervisor I hate.

I am gonna quote Ice Cube here: "I gotta say it was a good day..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home