The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Monday, September 25, 2006

My Latest Song Obsession

I just got "Siamese Dream" again this weekend. It was like greeting an old, cherished friend after a long, long absence from my life. There is a song on it that I don't know if I ever paid any attention to before because I was obviously deaf or stupid back then. I have been absolutely obsessed with it ever since. I think the lyrics are pretty meaningful, and it goes from this blistering guitar riff to the most beautiful, melodic love song for about the last 2 and a half minutes. Truly genius. It gives me chills every time I listen to it. Genius!!
Hummer
by
Smashing Pumpkins
Faith lies in
The ways of sin
I chased the charmed
But I don't want them anymore

And in their eyes
I was alive
A fool's disguise
Take me away from you

Shame my tongue
Fat with promise all along
But when I woke up from that sleep
I was happier than I'd ever been

When you decide
That your life is a prize
Renew and rivive
It's alright honey
It's alright, yeah

Happiness will make you wonder
Will I feel OK?
It scares the disenchanted
Far away

Yeah I want something new
But what am I supposed to do about you
Yeah I love you, it's true

Life's a bummer
When you're a hummer
Life's a drag

Ask yourself a question
Anyone but me
I ain't free
Ask yourself a question
Anyone but me
I ain't free
Do you feel
Love is real?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home