The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Mistake on Line 15

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Minnesota Dept of Revenue demanding that I pay $48 more on my taxes. Apparently I made a mistake on "Line 15". Having no clue what the fuck that meant I called this morning and found out that I mistakenly used the "Married, Filing Joint" line instead of "Single, filing lonely and destitute for the rest of my life until I'm dead from it" line when I calculated my witholding. Therefore, I owe $48 more than I paid. It's all kind of tragic when it's laid out like that. $48. That $48 is a badge of shame. It's what makes me a second class citizen. It's one of the deciding factors in the last travesty of an election. There will probably NEVER be a time in my life when I won't owe that $48. How absolutely fucking humiliating. I send in $48 and the governement can rest easy knowing I am single. And what will my $48 go to? Better roads? Better schools? Gay marriage bans? The War on Terror? Lobbyists? Activists? "The Children"? I am half-determined to take a stand; to not pay my shameful $48. Not for gay marriage, not for anything even slightly GAY AGENDA ORIENTED. No. For single people. For single people like me who have never been in a relationship, don't have the slightest prospects for one anytime soon and may be too lazy, immature and self-centered to ever actually be in one. But the road to Hell is paved with bad credit and I don't need somebody ELSE telling me that I owe them money. I have 60 days to pay it, after all. 60 days to come to terms with being single and paying my $48 single union dues. What a fucking world. Maybe, when I write the check out I will put in the memo: "Because I'm single and PROUD, bitch!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home