The Burbs and The BF

How a City Mouse and a Country Mouse moved to the burbs and what happened there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I live with My BF and 2 cats in an apartment in a first tier suburb of Murderapolis. I am happily in a relationship.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Be Here Now

I had a very dear friend give me this advice. When things involving the future seem so uncertain, when things seem like they could possibly spiral out of your control, when there are a lot of new changes in your life and you don't quite know what to do with them just Be Here Now. Live in the moment. If you focus too much on the uncertainty of the future you will forget about the present. And presently, things are going wonderfully for me; that huge Karmic payback finally started taking form in my life. My sister told me recently that people with dysthymia (it's a mild form of chronic depression) are notorious ruminators, that we are so self-obsessed in the sense that we are always trying to analyze ourselves and figuring out what everything MEANS and that we need to give it a fuckin rest sometimes. I hereby commit to giving it a rest and to just Being Here Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home